By: Diana Brouillard
I got into the aesthetic and skincare business a year ago with no aesthetic background. I was surprised at how much my appearance had improved in just a few months and as a person “not in the industry” thought I would share what I have learned over the last year since I’m sure a lot of you have had the same misconceptions.
- Acne can be treated and controlled by regularly visiting an aesthetician. Medications should be your last resort.
- Using products at home recommended by a good aesthetician can significantly improve your appearance and is usually less expensive than over the counter department store products.
- Wearing SPF that’s 30+ every day is vital to anti-aging and wrinkles! My personal favorite is the Skinceuticals Physical UV defense.
- You don’t have to look like the stereotypical desperate housewives actress if you do Botox or filler. You actually look very natural with the right amount.
- Velashape does work! I have had the treatments and after the 3rd one I saw results (6 treatments are recommended by Velashape’s protocol). As long as you understand this is not a weight loss treatment, but a toning and tightening treatment, you will not be disappointed.
- There are different types of facials that provide different results. Laser facials are very effective and great for anti-aging and breakouts.
- Regular skincare treatments can take years off your appearance.
- Airbrush tanning is amazing! It gives you an even and natural tone all over your body within 15 minutes. If done by a certified tanning specialist, there is no streaking or blotching.
- You don’t have to be a millionaire to afford aesthetic and skincare services. An effective treatment as often as you can afford it can go a long way if kept up with good homecare.
- There are tons of spas and treatments out there....do your homework! Research who the medical director of a medspa is….read reviews…and find a good aesthetician that you trust and gives you the results you’re looking for.